Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had an amazing holiday break and created some lovely memories with family and loved ones 🙂 It’s the time of year when we reflect on the past year and make a list of things we’d like to improve on for the upcoming year! I like to have a “theme” for every year. In 2018, I considered this my “working” year. It’s when I was juggling multiple projects and tasks and saw some great progression in different aspects of my life. Below is a list of some memorable events in 2018.
- Started taking blogging seriously
- Amassed over 2,500 followers on Instagram by the end of the year
- Become a The Body Shop ambassador
- Collaborated with more brands than I could have ever imagined in less than one year of consistent blogging
- Went on my first overseas work trip to Dusseldorf, Germany
- BF surprised me with a getaway weekend to Blue Mountain village resorts
- Celebrated a 5 year anniversary with my BF & had our first omakase experience!
- Went to Universal Studios with my sister’s family & my BF
- Officially halfway through the MBA program
- Completed and passed the MBA IT Strategy course with an A- !
I accomplished many milestones and dreams for myself that I did not expect to happen and I’m really excited for what the next year has to offer! Although I accomplished some amazing things, it also came at a great cost. About 80% of 2018 was work-related and at times, it took a toll on me. I did not take time to rest or take care of myself. It got even worse near the end of the year while I was taking the demanding strategy course because it started to affect other areas of my life.
In the month of January, I’m taking some downtime away from social media to work on other priorities. To be honest, I’m not trilled about this because I love being consistent with my Instagram posts and maintaining a professional persona on the platform, but as the saying goes “you can’t help others until you help yourself first”. On the outside, it may appear that I have my life altogether and figured out, but to be honest, I feel like such an exhausted mess. This month, I’m taking time to recenter my goals, take some necessary me time, clean my home (KonMari method!), prepare for school and to establish a healthy routine.
This coming semester, I’ll be doubling my course load to two courses per semester. It’ll be a lot more demanding so I’m kind of nervous. I hope to be able to establish a healthy routine and make my mental and physical health a priority in 2019. My theme for 2019 is “Self Care & Be Present”. This may take a slight toll on my blogging game (post every other day instead of everyday), but if it allows me to incorporate all aspects of my life in a more healthy way, then it’ll mean a healthier and happier me!
- Establish a daily routine (wake up early, get ready, go to sleep on time, etc).
- Do not procrastinate (school work, chores, deadlines, etc.)
- Work out at least 3 times a week
- Meditate more
- Save money
- Establish a consistent blogging workflow I’m satisfied with
- Finish a personal project
- Spend more relaxing/downtime with the BF
- See my friends at least once a month
- Practice more gratitude, positivity & being more present everyday
- Practice “letting things go” and calmness (to be less offended or judgmental)
- Make more quality time with my parents
I hope you found the above post insightful. I’d love to hear what some of your goals for 2019 are in the comments below!
SHOP THE POST